CLAY LEARNED, CCIM, SIOR
108 Gilkey Road - Burlington, Washington 98233
Commercial Real Estate Broker
Sales & Strategies - Consulting & Counseling - Leasing & Renewals
Highly accomplished, visionary commercial real estate broker, serving clients on a contingency or fee basis. Assist on quiet acquisitions, divestment, transactions, market research, due diligence, build-to-suit, and similar activities. Expert in tax dispute resolutions and negotiations involving lenders, attorneys, landlords, and tenants. Close an average of 100 transaction sides per year with volumes averaging $40 million per year. Sensitive to the need for confidentiality concerning all transactions.
LEARNED COMMERCIAL, INC. Burlington, WA
President and CEO, 2007-Present
Serve as Real Estate Broker for start-up Commercial brokerage with local, regional, and national clients.
Full responsibility for all bottom-line factors, including company vision, long-range strategic planning, and real estate sales and service. Negotiate individually and collectively with potential buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, contractors, property owners, legal and government officials, attorneys, and mortgage lenders. Direct all operations, oversee major pricing decisions, and perform monthly financial evaluation of company results. Provide cross-functional management and direct staff in all business activities.
- Created a more responsive and market-driven firm, resulting in notable sales in early stages.
- Capitalize on nearly three decades of exclusive experience in real estate and negotiation.
- Formed company to establish high profitability through efficient structuring.
NW PROPERTIES, AIKEN & ASSOCIATES, INC./COMMERCIAL DIV. Mt. Vernon, WA
Commercial Real Estate Broker, 1990-2007
Founded and managed, for 16+ years, an established Realtor's highly successful Commercial Division.
Directed regional and local sales and marketing for the department, the first commercial division for a full-service residential real estate company in the area. Spearheaded vision, strategy, and execution of commercial operations. Developed and implemented strategic marketing plans, established marketing and sales objectives, and prepared division-wide sales forecasts. Directed project teams through due-diligence, prioritization, and development. Participated in research and development of new client base. As licensed real estate agent, obtained broker's license in 1994.
Additionally, for more than 10 years served in all phases in the construction industry,
predominately in project management including but not limited to general construction and valuation.
Education and Credentials
- Obtained Real Estate License in 1988 and Broker's License in 1994.
- Received Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR) designation in 1995.
- Completed courses toward Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation in 1995.
- Acquired further education in Real Estate Law through SIOR, CIREI,and the Washington State Bar Association (WSBA)
- American Bar Assocation (ABA) Real Property and Probate Section, American Law Institute (ALI)
- National Association of REALTORS®; Washington Association of REALTORS®
- Washington State Commercial Association of REALTORS®; Skagit County Association of REALTORS®
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Institute; Society of Industrial & Office REALTORS®
- Commercial Brokers Association
- President, Board of Directors, Rider Relief Fund